2009年10月13日火曜日

TED's Special board

So, one of the exciting moment of EX4 is that when a rider experienced new feeling of surfing and get totally stoked. Our beautiful friend Sue has tried TED(me)'s longboard and she was totally stoked!!!


This special longboard were shaped by a Leucadia Local Shaper/surfer Caleb Wilborn. I liked his surfing and his character so much, and I was honored to get a board shaped by him. We had long discussion of what kind of board I want, and he was adding his expertise to my board idea to make the board work. I watched him shaping this board, and later, this inspired me to shape my own board.


Not just he shaped, but he glassed the board as well. I was there, and helped laminate the board. the bottom Swirl was actually done by us together.


Caleb had tough time during shaping this board... Clark foam has shut down, etc... I end up waiting about 2years to get shaped, but it was worth it. Here it is, one and only board shaped for me, by my hero.


One of the crazy idea of this board was fin set up.
When I ordered this board, twin fin was coming back, then when we were glassing this board, quad was coming back... so, we went ahead and created five fin set up for this model. Actually, the small center trailer fin was made by myself.


The fine set up worked good. Actually I was able to noseride with this fin. It was very stable. However, I didn't like the way it turn, so I chopped off the trailer fins and made it twin fin once, and currently I added small center trailer fin. In the future I am thinking to change it to single fin... my adventure on this board continues. But I really like the rocker and glide on this board. This is one of the smallest longboard I have, but still catches lots of waves.

Deck design was very aggressive. Something we don't see this kind of design so often.



So, here, I passed this great board to Sue, and I think she has experienced the great feeling I had with this board.


If you are interested to order a board from Caleb Wilborn, please let me know. I am sure he will make you a very unique board that you can't get from the lack of surf shop.

1 件のコメント:

  1. Yeah, every single board has a good (or bad) story!

    I also have a board that Caleb shaped for me 8 years ago. It still works really well; for some reasons, the board is very special to me, so I can never get rid of it! I hope Caleb will come back to it...

    返信削除